The City of Pearland enjoys a thriving, local park system that provides residents with the ability to enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle. The City's park system is classified into three types depending on size and use: community parks, neighborhood parks and dog parks. Reference each park classification to find out more.
Pavilion and group amenities at the various parks can be rented in order to secure a specific time and date for a birthday party or special outdoor gathering; otherwise these areas are available for use on a first come, first served basis.
Planning for parks, trails, greenbelts and open space continues to be a priority as the City reaches build out. Find out about future projects and improvements that are coming up or underway.
Park rules exist for reasons of patron safety, preservation and protection of our parks system. Rules are to be followed by all park visitors and are in force at all times. Park rules are listed below. To download a .pdf version of our rules document, please click here.
- It is unlawful for any person to act in such a way that park property may be damaged
- Littering is not permitted
- Fishing shall be subject to all applicable state laws
- Swimming, bathing or wading is prohibited unless expressly authorized by signage
- Fires are only permitted in designated receptacles
- Smoking is prohibited in all City parks (Ordinance 1330)
- Operation of any motorized vehicle is strictly prohibited except on roadways
- All pet waste must be collected and disposed of promptly (Ordinance 1448)
- All pets must be on leashes, with the exception of designated areas, and licensed with the City of Pearland (Ordinance 528)
- All large animals and livestock are prohibited on park property (Ordinance 1448)
- Camping or overnight use is prohibited without a permit from the Director of Parks & Recreation
- Observe signage for designated recreation areas
- Golfing and use of model airplanes is prohibited in all City parks unless expressly authorized by signage (Ordinance 1448)
- Glass bottles or containers are prohibited
- It is unlawful to profit from use of public property or solicit without a written agreement from the City of Pearland (Ordinance 1448)
- Offenses under these articles are punishable by fine, per City of Pearland Ordinance Number 1448 § 2, 7-25-11